La Ronge Gold Belt
The La Ronge Domain in north central Saskatchewan is an established gold-bearing belt. Since the 1940s, exploration there has outlined numerous gold deposits and showings, including such past producers as the Komis, Jolu, Star Lake, Contact Lake, Roy Lloyd, Golden Heart and Jasper mines. The Preview-North Lake and Greywacke Lake properties operated by MAS Gold Corp. have been shown to potentially host similar gold endowments.
MAS Gold’s La Ronge area projects are focused around Proterozoic age island arc volcanic, back arc volcano-sedimentary and ophiolitic assemblages and associated intrusive complexes within the Reindeer Zone of the Trans-Hudson Orogeny.
Known mineral deposits and past producing mines in the area include:
La Ronge and Kisseynew Domains
In Current Focus
MAS Gold Corp. 100% Owned Properties occupy key positions at the transition between the La Ronge Domain and Kisseynew Domain. MAS Gold Corp has been active in La Ronge Gold Belt since 1990’s. Total MAS Gold Corp holdings: 33, 843 hectares (83, 628 acres). All properties are 100% owned.
Development and Exploration Work 2021
Our 2021 La Ronge Gold Belt geology, drill and metallurgical work programs are designed to:
- Increase the gold resource size and definition confidence of the current resource estimates for each of the Greywacke North deposit and the North Lake deposit
- Define a resource at the Point deposit
- Continue chemical and physical characterization of gold-mineralized materials from North Lake, Greywacke & Point Deposit to confirm compatibility for process comingling
- Systematically drill test the Greywacke South and Central zones and the Lyons zone at North Lake
- Establish a long-term, working-level relationship with the Lac La Ronge Indian Band, the Metis Local and the greater community of La Ronge
- Undertake required assessment work at Elizabeth Lake and Henry Lake Properties.
- Identify regional “opportunities”
Work completed by MAS Gold in 2019
- Established a maiden Inferred Resource estimate of 417,000 ounces gold at North Lake
- Confirmed a significant gold system at the Point property with the potential to establish a new resource
- Established probable metallurgical compatibility of gold-mineralized materials from North Lake, Point and Greywacke North furthering the concept of a hub and spoke production concept.