Preview Lake Project (East Ramsland Lake)
POINT PROSPECT WINTER DRILL PROGRAM COMPLETED
POINT PROSPECT - WINTER DRILL PROGRAM 2019
In January 2019 MAS Gold collared the first core drill hole of a winter exploration program at the Point gold prospect on the Preview Lake property located about 60 kilometers northeast of La Ronge, Saskatchewan.
What are the specifics of the whole drill program?
The exploration plan at the Point gold prospect included thirteen holes totalling approximately 1,920 metres of core drilling. An additional ten core holes totaling 1,505 metres were executed at the North Lake property.
What was a purpose of the drill program?
The drill program at Point Deposit was designed to provide confirmation of historic drill results, infill and step-out drill intercepts, and core for metallurgical testing. The Point prospect is a forgotten asset that was the subject of focused delineation drill programs completed in the 1980’s by the Saskatchewan Mining Development Corporation (SMDC ) in the 1980's.
MAS Gold intends to twin historic hole RM86-21, drilled by Saskatchewan Mining and Development Corporation (“SMDC”) in 1986 at azimuth 087o and dip -45o, that intercepted multiple zones of gold-mineralized, sheared quartz veins within a carbonate-altered, tuffaceous volcanic host rock.
What were those historic drill results?
Weighted average results reported from hole RM86-21 included :
- 4.07 grams gold per tonne (g/t gold) over 3.65 metres (m) beginning at 23.75 m; and
- 12.34 g/t gold over 0.50 m beginning at 27.40 m; and
- 3.54 g/t gold over 4.80 m beginning at 44.55 m;
- including, 19.47 g/t gold over 0.50 m beginning at 45.50 m; and
- including, 4.47 g/t gold over 1.0 m beginning at 47.50 m.
- 8.22 g/t gold over 10.65 metres from 51.6 metres to 62.25 metres:
- including, 6.68 g/t gold over 2.95 metres beginning at 53.20 metres; and
- including, 111.07 g/t gold over 0.5 metres (visible gold noted) beginning at 61.25 metres .
- cut to a maximum of 30.0 g/t gold, the full 10.65 metre interval averages 4.42 g/t gold.
- 13.61 g/t gold over 0.5 m from 65.65 m.
- 3.19 g/t gold over 2.00 m beginning at 75.10 m.
To find out details about the results from the program, please refer to the news release from February 21st, 2019
- Irregular pyrite-bearing quartz veins cut deformed, intercalated diorites, mafic volcanics (andesite to basalt), and felsic volcanics/volcaniclastics.
- Gold values, although sporadic, are associated with sub-euhedral pyrite within andesitic tuffs, sediments and felsic intrusive and silicified, moderate dipping, north trending shear fractures.
POINT DEPOSIT - PROSPECTING OVERVIEW (Ramsland Lakes)
The Point Prospect, and indeed much of the Point property are located within the Lac La Ronge Provincial Park.
- 1940s - Early prospecting and trenching.
- 1970-74 - Prospecting, soil sampling, trenching; 2 core drill holes (>180m each).
- 1984-89 - 35 core drill holes completed (SMDC, Dennison, Uranez, Cameco)
- 2012 - Re-survey of historic drill holes; surface sampling, prospecting; airborne magnetometer survey.