LA RONGE GOLD BELT
LA RONGE GOLD BELT - GEOLOGICAL SETTING
MAS Gold's La Ronge area projects are focused around Proterozoic age island arc volcanic, back arc volcano-sedimentary and ophiolitic assemblages and associated intrusive complexes within the Reindeer Zone of the Trans-Hudson Orogeny.
Known mineral deposits and past producing mines in the area include:
La Ronge and Kisseynew Domains
- Structurally controlled Au quartz vein systems (Contact Lake, Komis, Star Lake, Jasper & Jolu mines);
- Stratabound metasedimentary occurrences (Greywacke North deposit).
- VMS Cu-Zn-Au mineralization (Anglo Rouyn mine, Elizabeth Lake deposit, Brabant-McKenzie, deposit);
- Structurally controlled Au-Ag vein systems (Santoy & Seabee mines).
LA RONGE GOLD BELT - OWNERSHIP OVERVIEW
MAS Gold Corp. Properties occupy key positions at the transition between the La Ronge Domain and Kisseynew Domain.
MAS Gold Corp has been active in La Ronge Gold Belt since 1990’s.
- The company is a subject to La Ronge South Gold Joint Venture (“LRSG JV”), signed June 29, 2012 with Golden Band Resources Ltd. The JV partner has received dilution notice (News Release - January 8th, 2020)
- MAS Gold Corp is the operator
Total MAS Gold Corp holdings: 24,488 hectares